Tax & Estate Planning

From time to time, we have clients ask us if they should see a CPA or attorney. Our answer usually is: “it depends.”

Should I do It Myself?

If you are very skilled at doing your own taxes and you stay up-to-date on changing tax laws, you may not need the services of a professional accountant.

Likewise, if you understand most state and federal laws regarding estate planning and you stay up-to-date in these learnings, you may not need the services of an attorney. However, attorneys can help you establish your will, financial power-of-attorney, durable power-of-attorney for healthcare (a.k.a. advanced medical directive), etc. These types of documents are usually produced best by licensed, experienced professionals.

How Complex is Your Situation?

The more complex your situation, the more likelihood that you need to bring a professional CPA or attorney into the mix. See below for potential attorneys and Certified Public Accountants that may be able to assist you with your tax planning or estate planning.


American Currency
Law Practice

CPA North Carolina

Stan Bullock of Suggs, and Company P.A.

2005 Eastwood Rd.

Wilmington, NC. 28403



Adam Shay CPA, PLLC

1721 Allens Ln #210

Wilmington, NC. 28403

(910) 256-3456

Estate Planning North Carolina

Craige & Fox PLLC

701 Market St.

Wilmington, NC. 28401



Jones, Branz, and Taristano, LLP

4030 Wake Forest Rd #300

Raleigh, NC 27609


CPA / Tennessee


Ron May of Hughes & Gosnell CPAs

3814 Powers St. Ste 2

Knoxville, TN. 37917


Estate Planning Tennessee


Frantz, McConnell & Seymour, LLP

550 W. Main St SW #500

Knoxville, TN. 37902



Anne McKinney of McKinney & Tillman, P.C.

1019 Orchid Avenue

Knoxville, TN. 37912